If you’re wondering what the best dressed sea turtles are wearing at the beach this season, then the University of Queensland has the answer. As part of a study to find the foraging areas of endangered loggerhead turtles, researchers there designed a bespoke swimsuit for the 120 kg (264 lb) animals that acts as a harness for a “giant nappy” to collect fecal samples.
.. Continue Reading Swimsuits for sea turtles
- Aquatic robot seeks and destroys reef-killing starfish
- Non-invasive Alzheimer’s treatment restores memory using ultrasound
- Scramjet-based project looks to blast Australia into space
- Human trials planned for genetically-modified “super bananas”
- Australian researchers simulate a time-traveling photon
- In conversation with Scramspace director Russell Boyce