It’s a nightmare scenario. An unconscious astronaut on a spacewalk gone wrong floats off into deep space with no way to get back and no way for anyone to reach them. To prevent this from happening, engineering firm Charles Draper Laboratory has patented a “take me home” automatic rescue system that allows a disabled or disoriented astronaut to return to safety at the push of a button.
.. Continue Reading “Take me home” system automatically brings back astray astronauts
- NASA announces timeline for astronaut application process
- NASA Space Poop Challenge winners rethink the adult diaper
- Astronaut Peggy Whitson breaks record for cumulative time spent in space
- NASA scientists develop gecko-inspired astronaut anchors
- Astronauts undertake spacewalk to begin reconfiguring ISS
- NASA concept would send astronauts to Venus