Techrules has been one of the biggest, flashiest stories of the past two Geneva Motor Shows, and as Geneva 2018 approaches, the company commits to being front and center yet again. It will be premiering a track version of last year’s Ren turbine range-extender supercar. The new Ren RS maintains the potent turbine-extended electric powertrain and radical fighter jet inspiration of the street car but loses two passengers, drops some weight and gains lap-optimizing aero tech.
- 1,030-hp Chinese supercar concept with turbine range extender to go the distance in Geneva
- Delta MiTRE boxes up micro-turbine power for EV range extending
- Techrules thinks it will get micro-turbines spinning in production cars
- Pininfarina grows its turbine range extender family with a crossover and SUV
- Microturbines to reduce emissions in NYC
- Capstone CMT-380 electric hybrid supercar with microturbines