The Atlantic Ocean’s biggest hurricanes are getting stronger more quickly than they were 30 years ago, according to new research. And they’re now gaining power in different parts of the Atlantic than was previously the case. It’s mainly down to a mysterious ocean cycle called the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation, which may be coming to the end of a period of warming.
.. Continue Reading The biggest hurricanes are gaining power faster than before
- Hurricane-inspecting Coyote drone flies right into the eye of the storm
- Hurricane house screws itself down in wild winds
- Could air bubbles prevent tropical cyclones?
- NOAA releases first impressive photos from next-gen satellite
- Cubicco’s sustainable flatpack homes are built to withstand a hurricane
- Solar-powered Sure House will stand up to the elements