For the late-night reveler, the new BMW 7 Series has a feature that makes the walk through the carpark a bit less frustrating. At the press of a key fob, the Welcome Light Carpet lighting system shines a striped pattern of light on the ground to guide motorists back to their car thanks to a system of microoptic lenses developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering.
.. Continue Reading The microoptic lenses behind BMW’s Welcome Light Carpet
- 3D laser structuring can burn microstructures into free form surfaces
- Implantable pump to regulate fluids in the eye and preserve vision
- German researchers develop method for quality testing lightweight composite wheels
- Pressure-sensing surgical handle lights up like a real-life game of Operation
- New data transmission record – 60 DVDs per second
- Rapid Micro Product Development grows parts on demand