Although ticks are generally thought of as being the spreaders of illness, they may actually be able to help save peoples’ lives. According to a new study from the University of Oxford, proteins found in tick saliva could be used to treat a potentially fatal heart disease.
.. Continue Reading Tick spit could save hearts and lives
- Lab-made liver tissue may be used for drug screening
- New drops are better than a needle in the eye
- Reactivation of a single gene turns colorectal cancer cells back into normal tissue
- Scientists identify novel drug mechanism that fights brain cancer
- Silver mesh lets users “wrap heat” around body parts
- Ordinary pill bottle has a clever electronic cap