Unfortunately, foods that are safe to eat can look exactly the same to the naked eye as food that’s teeming with bacteria. But a prototype of a new test using “two-faced” droplets could let food companies check if their products are safe to eat before shipping them out, either by using a smartphone or simply by looking at them.
.. Continue Reading “Two-faced” droplets roll over to highlight bacteria in food
- Harnessing electricity-generating bacteria to clean up drinking water
- Dynamic duo could quickly identify deadly bacteria in hospitals
- Molecular machines, self-eating cells and flatlands physics take Nobel prizes
- Primordial goo coating to aid in medical procedures
- New molecule knocks out superbugs’ immunity to antibiotics
- New photonic molecules are not unlike lightsabers