While plenty of people might worry about losing their jobs to technology, there’s one job no one will complain about handing off to robots: bomb disposal. These machines are good in dangerous situations on dry land, but what if a would-be bomber hides their explosives under a bridge, or stuck to the bottom of a ship? In the future, the US Navy might send in a submarine drone endowed with a pair of inflatable robot arms that are currently being developed by RE2 Robotics.
.. Continue Reading Underwater bomb-defusing robot arms to make a splash with the US Navy
- Europe’s first ultra-deep-sea robotic glider to monitor deep sea pollution
- US Navy’s Blackwing drones launch from underwater
- ACTUV unmanned sub-hunter begins operational trials
- Video: Underwater flight in the DeepFlight Dragon
- HMS Artful uses new “brain” to fire torpedo
- Submersible Exosuit lets divers plunge to 1,000 ft below the surface