When commercial or naval divers need to know how to proceed underwater, they can’t just pull out an iPad or a sheet of written instructions. That’s why US Navy engineers are developing what’s known as the Divers Augmented Vision Display, or DAVD. It’s a translucent HD head-up display (HUD), that’s built into a diving helmet.
.. Continue Reading Underwater HUD gives Navy divers an extra eye in the sea
- Iris adds HUD tech to existing cars
- Ride:HUD brings head-up display tech to existing motorcycle helmets
- Intel’s Recon Instruments grab: The chip-maker continues to hedge its bets on wearables
- Hudway app turns your phone into a head-up display
- 360specs and vrAse: Budget-priced virtual reality coming to your smartphone … maybe
- zSpace display simulates motion parallax for more immersive 3D