Attacking out of control forest fires from the air with manned helicopters and planes is a technique that has been used for decades, but we are now starting to see what their unmanned cousins have to offer. In a recent demonstration, Lockheed Martin has shown how the unmanned K-MAX helicopter can combine with a quadcopter to battle blazes below. And critically, it did so while keeping Air Traffic Control informed of their every move.
.. Continue Reading Unmanned helicopter and drone join forces in safer approach to fighting fire
- New aerial firefighting system gulps water faster
- CFX: tiny compressed-air foam firefighting system
- Fire-dropping drone could ignite and monitor controlled burns
- Sensors to detect smouldering cables before they catch alight
- Microwave sensors help fight wildfires from the air
- Dubai firefighters to tackle high-rise fires with Jetpacks