According to Dr. Yishai Ron, a researcher at Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, nearly half of the people who take medication for chronic constipation are unsatisfied with the results. That dissatisfaction can stem from unwanted side effects, concerns over the long-term safety of the medication, or “the fact that it simply doesn’t work.” That’s why he and his colleagues have created an oral capsule that relieves constipation by vibrating its way along the intestinal tract.
.. Continue Reading Vibrating capsule treats constipation by buzzing the intestine
Section: Health and Wellbeing
- Possible cure for radiation sickness discovered?
- Drug-dispensing contact lenses
- Heart disease drug found to reduce racist attitudes
- Magnetic pill could boost body’s absorption of drugs
- Pill tells doctors when it’s been swallowed
- Magnetically-guided pill sends pictures from inside the stomach