A team of scientists may have developed a new method of predicting potentially deadly eruptions, by studying tiny crystals contained in volcanic debris. In the future, the research could provide greater warning, and so more evacuation time to at-risk populations, and help mitigate other disruptive side-effects of volcanic eruptions.
.. Continue Reading Volcanic crystals could help scientists predict deadly eruptions
- Cocaine can’t hide from new testing system
- ORNL’s hybrid device combines microscopy and mass spectrometry
- Saliva test promises simpler diagnosis for autism
- Swiss researchers advance “breathprinting” for health checks
- Researchers gaze into crystals to unravel supervolcano secrets
- How Earth became a giant snowball 700 million years ago