Today’s ships are equipped with radar systems that let them identify other ships from a distance, and while that works well enough for collision avoidance, those systems aren’t the greatest at detecting small watercraft … such as the low-slung skiffs often used by pirates. That’s where WatchStander comes in. It’s a radar system that’s designed to pick out such boats, and then deter their crews before they can attack.
.. Continue Reading WatchStander is made to keep the pirates at bay
- Writhing water hose system designed to thwart pirates
- BAE Systems develops non-lethal laser to combat pirates
- Prototype GHOST military watercraft claims a world’s first
- Nanotech versus the pirates: Zyvex Marine unveils the LRV-17
- Multi Ammunition Softkill System uses Bullfighting methodology
- Ship-based system designed to harness energy from waves