For many people, adding anything to a single malt whisky is close to sacrilege, but it’s generally acknowledged that adding a drop or two of water to lesser blends enhances the flavor. The question is, why? At Sweden’s Linnaeus University, researchers Björn Karlsson and Ran Friedman have come up with an answer from the chemistry of the dram.
.. Continue Reading Why whisky tastes better with a wee drop of water
- Using sunlight to pull clean water from dry air
- Material that thickens when stretched may lead to better body armor
- Material with new record melting point predicted
- Did Harvard really create the “holy grail” of solid metallic hydrogen?
- Scientists use new catalysis method to boost biodiesel yields
- Hybrid polymer shows promise in self-repairing materials, smart drug delivery, and artificial muscles