When it comes to a high strength-to-weight ratio, titanium is just about the best material out there for manufacturing bicycle frames. Unfortunately, those frames are also quite expensive. They could be about to come down in price, however – two British companies recently teamed up to create the world’s first 3D-printed titanium bike frame.
.. Continue Reading World’s first 3D-printed titanium bicycle frame could lead to cheaper, lighter bikes
- Your next bike could be made from folded sheet metal
- The utterly desirable Budnitz Titanium bikes
- Aramid/carbon-framed X-9 Nighthawk looks like the stealth fighter of bicycles
- Google Glass gets its own collection of frames
- 3D-printed titanium horseshoes could win by a nose
- Calfee Design building bamboo bikes for the first and third worlds