Work has finished on what is now the largest solar bridge in the world. Blackfriars Bridge, part of Blackfriars Station in London, has been fitted with 4,400 photovoltaic panels, which are expected to reduce the station’s CO2 emissions by an estimated 511 tonnes (563 tons) per year. Work began in spring 2009 and the station was operationally complete in time for the 2012 Olympics, with the solar array installation complete in March 2013. The full refurbishment of the station is now also complete.
.. Continue Reading World’s largest solar bridge completed in London
- Work starts on world’s largest solar bridge at Blackfriars
- Infrabel and Enfinity announce completion of 16,000-panel solar train tunnel
- Our fledgling colony in space
- Bridge II iPod docking station
- San Francisco Bay Bridge to become world’s largest light sculpture
- Enviromission Solar Project