Among his many achievements, British computer science pioneer Alan Turing created one of the first theoretical models of a general-purpose computer, helped develop the concept of artificial intelligence, and was in charge of breaking the German Enigma cypher during World War II. With the recent release of the film The Imitation Game, he’s now becoming known to a whole new generation. It’s only fitting, therefore, that a rare collection of his scientific notes is about to head to auction.
.. Continue Reading Alan Turing’s "hidden" manuscript heads to auction
Section: Inventors and Remarkable People
- Computer science giant Alan Turing turns 100
- Can a machine think? Almost!
- Rare Enigma Machine for sale
- Robotic toddler nominated to carry Olympic torch in 2012
- More human than human: AI game bots pass Turing Test
- Apple 1 computer among intriguing technological artifacts up for auction