Everyone adjust your calendars. NASA says that the next Orion mission won’t carry astronauts after all. In February, the space agency’s Acting Administrator Robert Lightfoot asked for a feasibility study on the possibility of moving the timetable forward and making Exploration Mission-1 (EM-1) a manned mission. However, after weighing the project’s technical factors and risk, NASA has decided to keep with the original plan for an unmanned EM-1 with the first manned mission in 2021.
.. Continue Reading NASA pushes back first Orion manned mission
- NASA’s next Orion flight could be manned
- Navy practices Orion crew module recovery
- NASA adds shiny thermal coat to Orion
- Orion capsule swaps glass windows for plastic
- NASA simulates emergency aboard Orion spacecraft
- NASA puts the shakes on Orion astronauts