Although artificial hearts have been around for some time now, there’s just one that’s approved for human use in the US, and it’s only intended to keep patients going until they can get a heart transplant. A device being developed by the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), however, is designed to be a permanent fix.
.. Continue Reading Permanent artificial heart is playing for keeps
- 3D-printed artificial heart beats just like the real thing
- CRISPR successfully removes genetic disease from human embryo
- Slanted electrode implant restores movement to paralyzed limbs
- Creating mini-human hearts from rat hearts to test new drugs
- Artificial eye flexes muscle to do what the human eye can’t
- Listening to cellular conversations to grow better livers in the lab