A team of researchers in France has taken a major step towards powering our devices with rechargeable batteries based on an element that is far more abundant and cheaper than lithium. For the first time ever, a battery has been developed using sodium ions in the industry standard “18650″ format used in laptop batteries, LED flashlights and the Tesla Model S, among other products.
.. Continue Reading Researchers create sodium battery in industry standard “18650″ format
- Printable solid-state PRISS battery to change the shape of battery technology
- PiJuice gives portability to Raspberry Pi
- New battery recharges in one minute
- Charge 2 Go – one AA battery equals another 3 hours of talk time
- MIT develops new fast-charging battery technology ideal for automobiles
- HP announce 24 hour battery for the EliteBook 6930p