Conventional pesticides have achieved miracles in helping feed the world, but they have their drawbacks, so a team of scientists from the University of Helsinki and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) are working on a more environmentally-friendly solution. Instead of toxic chemicals, the researchers are developing new ways to produce RNA-based vaccines that target specific pests without damaging the host plants.
.. Continue Reading RNA-based vaccines could replace traditional pesticides
- Climate study claims dramatic reduction in periglacial zones is now inevitable
- New software turns sleep patterns into music
- Finger-drawn lines could replace PINs on mobile devices
- ESA develops “snap-proof” space tether
- Multitouch gesture controlled microscope – the ‘iPad on steroids’
- Super-buoyant material inspired by water striders