On Wednesday morning at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco Epic Games unveiled a remarkable demonstration of its latest real-time digital rendering system called Unreal Engine. The demonstration showed a completely digital copy of actor Andy Serkis reciting lines from Macbeth illustrating the incredibly rapid evolution of photorealistic digital effects.
.. Continue Reading “Synthetic human” CGI demonstrates eerie photorealism generated in real-time
- Star Wars: Rogue One and Hollywood’s trip through the uncanny valley
- The ethics of digitally resurrecting actors
- New RoboCop suit was made with a 3D printer
- The Cockeyed experiments and creations of Rob Cockerham
- Stilla app for iPhone and iPad creates unusual, striking 3D photo stitches
- Steampunk effects unit powered by a single tea candle