The world’s largest jet engine has taken flight for the first time in the skies over the Mojave Desert in California. On Tuesday, GE Aviation’s GE9X powered into the air on the wing of the company’s “Flying Test Bed” based at an airstrip in Victorville, California on a four-hour test flight to check essential engine functions as the start trials for official certification for service.
.. Continue Reading World’s largest jet engine, the GE9X, makes maiden flight
- Boeing begins 777x production
- First 737 MAX 7 debuts at Boeing’s Renton factory
- Boeing teams with FedEx Express on new ecoDemonstrator aircraft
- Self-drive nose wheel promises less time on the tarmac
- Advanced winglet on show as Boeing 737 MAX heads to final assembly
- Boeing begins final assembly of first 787-10 Dreamliner